HELLOPAY AFRICA INTEGRATED SERVICES. LTD. ("JumiaPay")
We are committed to conduct our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
- Consent for Collection, Use and Disclosure
- d. You may withdraw your consent for collection, use and disclosure at any time by sending an email using JumiaPay’s contact form. Please note that, if you withdraw your consent for collection, JumiaPay may suspend its provision of products and/or services to you.
- f. If you provide personal information of any third party to JumiaPay, we assume
required consent from the relevant third party to share and transfer his/her
information to us.
Collection of Personal Information
When you create a JumiaPay account, or otherwise provide JumiaPay with your personal information through the Platform, the personal information JumiaPay collects may include:
- a. Complete name
- b. Identification number and/or details
- c. Company’s name (if any)
- d. Home and/or work address
- e. Email address
- f. Credit card details
- g. Bank account details
- h. Phone number (mobile and/or fixed line)
- i. Information about your URL website (if any)
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
JumiaPay collects and reserves the right to use your personal information for the following purposes:
- a. to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government
limited to Know Your Customer Principles, Customer Due Diligence, Anti-Money
In order to comply with the above mentioned regulations JumiaPay will be collecting
you which include:
- i. Full name (as in your Identification Document (“ID”))
- ii. Address (as in your ID)
- iii. Place and date of birth
- iv. Nationality
- v. Occupation
- vi. Specimen of your signature
- vii. Gender
- viii. Source of fund
- ix Purpose of transaction
- b. to understand your needs regarding JumiaPay 's services
- c. to improve JumiaPay’s website and JumiaPay’s products and/or services for you
- d. to fulfill your requests for products, services and/or information
- e. to communicate with you and site visitors, when necessary, and to inform you of upgrades, as well as of other products and services available from JumiaPay, its affiliates and third parties upon your consent
- f. to allow you to access limited-entry areas of JumiaPay's site
- g. to personalize some of JumiaPay’s services and products for you and to deliver targeted advertisements and offers from JumiaPay and third parties upon your consent
- h. to bill accounts and maintain payment records
- i. to respond to a legitimate claim, or to address JumiaPay’s reasonable belief, that you are violating the rights of any third party or any of the agreements or policies that govern your use of the site or any JumiaPay product or service
- j. to protect the services, products or rights of JumiaPay, including but not limited to the security or integrity of the JumiaPay site
- k. to identify and resolve technical problems concerning JumiaPay 's site, products and/or services
- l. JumiaPay also uses your personal information for its business analysis, operational, marketing and other promotional purposes.
JumiaPay may hire affiliates or other third parties to provide some products and/or services on JumiaPay’s behalf, then JumiaPay will provide those companies only the personal information they need for the identified purposes, and JumiaPay will limit their rights to use and further disclose your personal information as appropriate in the course of their work for JumiaPay.
- a. to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request including but not limited to Know Your Customer Principles, Customer Due Diligence, Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorism Financing In order to comply with the above mentioned regulations JumiaPay will be collecting Personal Data from you which include:
- Limiting the Collection of Personal Information
JumiaPay limits its collection of personal information only to the fact that the information is necessary for the identified purposes. JumiaPay does not direct its site to, nor does it knowingly collect any personal information from persons under the age of eighteen (18 years).
- Collection of Computer Data
When you visit JumiaPay’s website, JumiaPay servers will automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This data may include:
- a. Your computer's IP address
- b. Browser type
- c. Webpages you visited before you came to our Platform
- d. The pages within the Platform which you visited
- e. The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on the Platform, access times and dates, and other statistics
- h. This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help
website and the services and products JumiaPay provides.
Disclosure, Processing and Retention
JumiaPay will not disclose any of your personal information to anyone else, except :
- a. to JumiaPay's employees, independent contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates, consultants, business associates, service providers, suppliers and agents, acting on JumiaPay's behalf for any of the identified purposes
- b. if JumiaPay has reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with JumiaPay’s rights or property, other users of JumiaPay’s website, products or services, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities
- c. to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law
After your account becomes inactive (that is, if you request to be removed from JumiaPay’s database), JumiaPay will keep your personal information in its archives for the duration required by law. Your information will be used only as necessary for tax reason or to prove JumiaPay's compliance with any applicable law.
- Accuracy of Personal Information
- a. JumiaPay will use commercially reasonable efforts to keep your personal information accurate for the identified purposes. You are responsible for informing JumiaPay about changes to your personal information from time to time.
- b. In order to prevent any issue related to fraud, JumiaPay will conduct a measurement of verification with the help of trusted third parties to verify Personal Information given by you.
- c. You shall be informed that in order to implement the above mentioned measurements of verification, JumiaPay may request you to provide copies of documents related to your personal information; including but not limited to your ID Card, bank books, etc.
- d. Data related to bank accounts and other financial information will never be
this Site, unless JumiaPay has been requested to do so according to instruction
authority, court or other legal process.
JumiaPay ensures that all information collected will be safely and securely stored. JumiaPay protects your personal information by:
- a. Restricting access to personal information
- b. Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorized computer access
- c. Securely destroying your personal information when it is no longer needed for any legal or business purpose
JumiaPay uses state of the art SSL (secure socket layer) encryption technology when processing your financial details.
If you believe that your privacy has been breached or compromised, please contact JumiaPay immediately.
Your password is the key to your account. Please use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not share your JumiaPay password to anyone. If you do share your password with others, you will be responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account and the consequences. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and other information submitted to JumiaPay. You could also be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason or if you have grounds to believe that your password has been compromised, you should immediately contact JumiaPay and change your password. You are reminded to log off from your account and close the browser when finished using a shared computer.
- Access to Personal Information
- a) JumiaPay will afford you a reasonable opportunity to review the personal information in your file, if you submit a request via email using JumiaPay’s contacts.
- b) If JumiaPay is not able to provide access to some aspect of your personal information, JumiaPay will provide reasons for denying access such as; that by doing so it would likely reveal personal information about third parties, or that it is confidential commercial information or attorney-client privileged communication, or that the information relates to a breach of an agreement or a contravention of law, or that its disclosure could reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another individual.
- c) You have the right to request any inaccurate or incomplete information to be amended as appropriate by contacting the Data Protection Officer as described above. JumiaPay will promptly correct such personal information.
- Possibility the Appearance of Any Website Links Owned by Third Party
- Contact Us
Services provided by JumiaPay shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Consent for Collection, Use and Disclosure